About Family House Toledo:
Family House Toledo is a dedicated non-profit organization providing emergency shelter, resources, and supportive services to families in crisis. Our goal is to help families navigate and overcome homelessness by providing a safe environment and the necessary tools for success.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Toledo, OH
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Family House Toledo. The role is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, grant writing, and community outreach.
1. Leadership and Management:
• Ensure ongoing program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
• Actively engage and energize Family House volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Family House’s high-performance senior management team.
2. Financial Performance and Viability:
• Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Approve annual budget, monthly financial statements, and ensure organization operates within budget guidelines.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy:
• Implement and enhance Family House’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff.
4. Community and Public Relations:
• Act as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Family House’s
• Engage in fundraising and developing other sources of revenue.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of senior nonprofit management experience.
• Transparent and high-integrity leadership.
• Demonstrated skills in written communications to include: clear and concise narrative reports,
evaluations, social media, website content, and press-releases.
• Strong marketing, public relations, grant writing, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
• Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, grant management, and reporting.
• Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of Family House’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
• Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Salary Range: 85-95k
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Greg Moore, Vice President – Board of Directors. [email protected]