Executive Director – Bittersweet Farms
Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and adolescents with autism? Do you have the leadership acumen to guide a superior non-profit in its mission? Bittersweet Farms is looking for an experienced and dedicated Executive Director to join our team!
Bittersweet Inc. is a private, non-profit, world-renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. With four decades of expertise, we have become a beacon of hope, support, and empowerment for countless individuals and families.
The Executive Director is the leader of the organization and responsible for the administration and operations of Bittersweet, Inc., the Bittersweet Autism Foundation, Inc. and the Bettye Ruth Kay HUD Homes. This position reports directly to the Board of Trustees of each of these entities. Primary responsibilities for the position include:
• Ensuring the future success of the organization by working in partnership with the boards on mission fulfillment, governance and strategic planning
• Leading and collaborating with a team of directors in the areas of general management and planning, fiscal responsibility, fund raising and program effectiveness
• Promoting a culture that reflects the organization’s core values to ensure staff recruiting, hiring, retention and supervisory support meets the needs of the organization
• Participate in the formation and implementation of policies and procedures of the organization that will meet all legal and regulatory requirements
• Build a network of positive relationships for the organization with key individuals in federal and state and local government, as well as key individuals in the disability community
• Represent and advocate for the organization in the community with political officials, business contacts, the healthcare industry, the general public and the media
Qualified candidates will possess seven to ten years of related work experience in the Human Services field, preferably with developmental disabilities. At least three years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required with an advanced degree preferred in human services, business, health care or a closely related field.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, EAP program, ERN program with success coach, payday advance program, and 11 paid holidays.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and three professional references to: Bittersweet Farms, Attn: Executive Search Committee, 12660 Archbold-Whitehouse Road, in Whitehouse, Ohio 43571 or via email at [email protected].