The Ottawa County Community Foundation (OCCF) is looking for a leader who is interested in making a difference in our community. OCCF serves all of Ottawa County, Ohio, with offices at 306 Madison Street in Port Clinton. The Executive Director will report to and work in partnership with a dedicated and involved Board of Directors. This is a flexible, part-time contract position. Anticipated start date is April 1, 2021.
The Executive Director will be a hands-on-manager and will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing methods to build funds with a high priority on sustainability funding.
- Providing overall leadership for the daily operations of OCCF, including fiscal management, program development and implementation, and public/community relations.
- Maintaining excellent communications with the Board of Directors, funders, donors, and grantees.
- Working with existing and potential donors to cultivate relationships, facilitate gifts, and build funds.
- Working with nonprofits, community organizations, and fund holders to promote awareness of OCCF grant opportunities.
- Representing OCCF and its mission and values in Ottawa County, regionally, and statewide, including working with the Greater Toledo Community Foundation and their liaisons.
- Providing leadership for OCCF strategic planning and skillfully managing its growth.
- Maintaining an openness to building relationships and collaborating at the community level to increase opportunities for program innovation; serving as a community resource and convener.
- Overseeing all special events, fundraising campaign/or activities as defined by the board of directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the mission and purpose of community foundations and the relationships to their constituencies
- Experience in donor relations, fund development, grant writing, fundraising, or related skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience in research and evaluation of community foundation best practices
- Computer skills and competencies preferred: Windows, Office, internet research, e-mail, database management, website and social media content management
- Services will be performed as an independent contractor; contractor is responsible for payment of all applicable federal, state and local income taxes.
- Monthly compensation will be $3,600 with estimated effort per month of 60 hours.
- Services may be performed remotely.
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and your resume or vitae: via email (please PDF all documents) to email@example.com, or PO Box 36, Port Clinton, OH 43452, att: Search Committee. Materials should be received by February 28, 2021.