Responsible for processing more complex, higher level gift transactions and other basic accounting functions.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Responds to account inquiries
- Oversees reconciliation of stock gifts, reimbursement receivable accounts, and holding funds
- Assists in review of pledge aging reports and preparation of pledge payment reminders
- Reviews pledge and/or gift adjustments
- Prepares journal entries as needed
- Assists in setting up new funds
- Processes stock/mutual fund and planned gifts
- Codes, processes and adjusts all types of gifts
- Backs up accounting staff as needed
- Assists with annual audit
- Assists with calendar year-end tax receipts
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience in a business setting; One (1) year minimum experience with a Bachelor’s degree; Three (3) plus years without a Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with donor management software preferred
- High proficiency level with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Outstanding organizational skills that ensure timely and accurate completion of work products.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- General understanding of accounting principles including fund accounting.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodations to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at (419) 530-7730 between the hours of 8:15AM and 5:00PM.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.utfoundation.org/about-us/careers.html