Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to work full-time at our Whitehouse location. The Human Resources Specialist will play a key role in supporting our organization’s human resources initiatives and high-level administrative functions. The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of human resources activities, including worker’s compensation coordination, contract and liability insurance coordination, employee retention and recognition initiatives, preparing human resources reports and metrics, and more. Qualified candidates will possess an exceptionally high energy level with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment, experience within a human resources department, professional administrative support experience, and a valid driver’s license with eligibility to be insured by Bittersweet.
- Timely processing and coordination of worker’s compensation claims
- Assist in coordination of liability insurance and contract related initiatives
- Focus on employee retention and recognition initiatives
- Provide general business support to the human resources and administration team
- Maintain accurate records within the HRIS database and personnel files
- Assist in the development, communication, and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Prepare human resources reports and metrics for management review
- Assist with employee benefit administration during the open enrollment process and responding to employee benefit inquiries
- Serve as an orientation trainer and assist the Recruiting Specialist with onboarding as needed
- Assist in off-site job fairs and recruitment efforts as needed
- Serve as the back-up for payroll processing
- Bachelor’s Degree required; or the equivalent in experience will be considered
- Proven experience as a Human Resources Specialist, or similar role, with a comprehensive understanding of human resources functions and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Provider Pro Software Series or other HRIS database
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with discretion
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, EAP program, ERN program with success coach, payday advance program, and 11 paid holidays.