Title: Marketing Intern
Accountability: Reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications
Job Purpose: The Marketing Intern provides support to the Director of Marketing & Communications of Greater Toledo Community Foundation (The Foundation) and the Director of The Center for Nonprofit Resources (The Center). This position assists in all aspects of marketing including communications, marketing and public relations, but primarily the administration of social media and website maintenance. This is a paid, part-time position offering up to 25 hours per week.
The essential responsibilities of the Marketing Intern include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, Organization and Evaluation:
Participates in staff meetings and other internal meetings to stay abreast of programs and activities of the Foundation. Educate and inspire all staff on digital opportunities and best practices.
Helps identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
Organizes and maintains Marketing and Communication Files (i.e., photos, media coverage and electronic media files).
- Communications Tools:
Assists in research, writing, proofreading and assembling information for the Foundation’s newsletters, annual reports, blogs, social media platforms and other collaterals, including increased use of video as a communications vehicle.
Assists in research, writing, proofreading and assembling information for The Center for Nonprofit Resources bi-weekly e-news, blogs,
social media platforms and other collaterals.
Assists in maintaining both the Foundation’s and The Center’s websites (currently using Word Press platform). Develop content and post on the websites. Work with Directors and all departments to keep the website up-to-date and accurate.
Responsible for posting photos, images, graphics and information on Facebook and LinkedIn to engage our target audiences.
Manage input of content on GTCFs YouTube Channel.
- Public and Media Relations:
Supports media relations efforts by assisting with writing of news releases and media advisories, distribution to the media, and follow-up.
Maintains media contact list and news coverage notebook.
- Other Activities:
Assists in tracking and maintaining Google Ads.
Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- College student or graduate with a degree in marketing, digital media production, public relations, communications or related degree program.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, Word Press website platform, and the internet.
- Extensive knowledge of social media, particularly Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to details, ability to meet deadlines and good follow-through on tasks.
- Outgoing, assertive, confident personality – great customer service skills.
- Happy in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Professional attitude toward his or her work and commitment to the Foundation.
To apply for consideration, email your resume and cover letter outlining your career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 9, 2021.