Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet Farms is currently seeking a full-time LPN or RN to promote high standards of healthcare in order to provide participants the necessary medical services to maintain a healthy quality of life. Ideal job for a nurse who is looking for something outside of a hospital environment. Located in Whitehouse, OH on a picturesque 80-acre farmstead, Bittersweet Farms serves individuals with autism through day program and residential services. Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, be able to work independently, and possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in a facility serving those with developmental disabilities.
- Monitor all aspects of health and safety including the psycho-social and medical needs of Bittersweet residents and the participants of the vocational day program.
- Completion of nursing health assessments and resident nursing skills and tasks, including medication administration, vitals, irrigations and vaccinations.
- Serve as a medical and occupational health advocate for residents and vocational participants
- Assist in education and delegation for staff of medication administration and other pertinent skills and tasks.
- Assist in monitoring and completion of all regulatory rules and regulations through the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
- Providing education to residents, participants and staff regarding detection of illness, disease prevention, infection control, hygiene, sanitation, etc. as needed
- Attend all telehealth appointments.
- Provide transportation and accompany residents to offsite medical appointments as needed.
- Current LPN or RN license for the State of Ohio with a minimum of one year of nursing experience
- Current Driver’s License with eligibility to be insured
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities strongly preferred
- Ability to follow physician’s orders and excellent medical charting skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
What We Offer:
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
- 18% cell phone carrier employee discount