Empowered for Excellence Behavioral Health is a nonprofit agency that offers specialized counseling in the field of substance abuse, mental health, and behavioral treatment services. Our mission is to provide comprehensive and compassionate, integrated mental health and substance abuse services which are client-focused and culturally inclusive to fulfill personal goals. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality of treatment through faith-based principles, education advocacy, and service excellence.
As in integral member of the Empowered for Excellence clinical team, this position will work with Empowered for Excellence clients and staff to promote efficient practices and treatment. Will work with clients to develop individualized treatment plans, provide evidenced based therapeutic interventions and coordinate with other teams to ensure the highest level of integrated care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply and Maintain and average of 25 billable hours a week.
- Develops client-centered treatment plan goals, objectives and interventions specific to the therapeutic process.
- Provide individual evidenced based therapy and facilitate curriculum specific group activities to address needs and goals identified on the individual treatment plan.
- Attend case consultation meetings as appropriate to foster a high level of integrated care.
- Communicate timely and effectively with all staff members. Communicate with clients’ family members and community agencies as appropriate, based on signed client release of information required by law.
- Attend required staff meetings, trainings and individual or group supervision as scheduled and as required by licensure standards.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner (within 24 hours of service) as stated in the policy and procedure handbook.
- Willing to work weekends / a minimum of one weekend a month.
- Shows initiative when presented with a task
- Maintain an approved set work schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with a ½ an hour lunch, based on the agency’s hours, unless otherwise approved by Supervisor.
- However we are also possibly looking for therapists who would be interested in working mid afternoon to evening schedule.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Complete required agency training and maintain compliance to agency Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the agency mission, vision, goals and philosophy as well as the policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- Abide by the agencies and/or professional code of ethics.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to problem solve; be able to operate independently in the absence of supervisor. Ability to meet changing demands and exhibits a high degree of professionalism and communicates effectively. Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines and to learn new things. Professional approach to all functions and relationships with all levels of staff, clients and other agencies and the public. Abides by the agency’s professional code of ethics. Must be detailed and deadline oriented.
Minimum of an LSW or LPC. Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health therapeutic intervention. Requires excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized scheduling systems. Preferred knowledge in Carelogic.
Great benefits! Medical, vision, dental and company sponsored life insurance!
Generous paid time off
Please contact Debrah Scott at [email protected] for more information regarding our exciting opportunities!