NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), provides direction and over sight for the nurse practitioners, the development and oversight of all clinically related programs (i.e., Centering, Health education, but not the daily operation of the clinics) the overall operation of NHA’s medical services. Responsible for the execution of those measures necessary, as determined by Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance findings, to ensure the provision of quality medical care to NHA patients and ensure HRSA compliance. Will have direct patient care responsibilities as required by the organization (anticipated to be approximately 60%) on a part-time basis and administration (anticipated to be approximately 40%). Represents the organization at local, state and national meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs as CMO in the absence of the CMO.
2. Provides direct patient/clinical care in ambulatory setting.
3. Works with the Recruiter to screen, interview and recommend candidates to the CMO for openings within the medical department
4. In concert with the MCO, provides orientation and direct supervision for all medical clinic personnel.
5. Working with the Recruiter, organizes the provider recruitment and retention program. Seeks, screens, and interviews Provider candidates and recommends employment to the CMO.
6. Develops qualification standards for physician and mid-level provider credentialing for NHA personnel committee, job descriptions and evaluation standards.
7. Conducts medical staff performance and quality improvement/quality assurance evaluations. Directly evaluates Nurse Practitioners and other positions as assigned, lab technician or services, clinical administrative staff, and signs off on medical support staff evaluations.
8. Rotates call coverage with CMO.
9. With assistance from staff, develops and oversees the implementation of NHA’s health care plan, and participates in long-range strategic planning process. Develops clinical objectives for the agency, makes recommendations on priorities to the CMO.
10. Updates medical Principals of Practice in accordance with changing service needs and professional standards, ensures that policies and procedures are responsive to the needs of the organization and writes them when necessary.
11. Actively participates on the center’s Quality Management Team, representing and providing input from medical and lab in Quality Management team meetings.
12. Member of the Provider Advisory Committee. In absence of the CEO, attends all Board of Trustee meetings and reports progress on goals and other progress and issues within the medical department.
13. Serves as management liaison to the Board’s Quality Improvement Committee and is responsible for performing and or delegating and presenting findings of QI/QA audits and other measures to the QI Committee. Serves as Chairperson of NHA’s staff QI Committee.
14. Develops linkages and acts as primary preceptor with residency programs, and to other medical students and residents, delegating direct responsibility to other providers as indicated.
15. Develops and supervises in-service presentations to clinical staff.
16. In cooperation with the CMO, participates in the development of the primary care budget and develops the medical department budget, including the compensation plan and supply budget.
17. Represents the agency in the community on medical issues. Strong oral and written communication skills and interactive personal and management skills.
18. Responsible for the supervision of all clinical support program (ie. Centering, Health Education, etc.) and the development of such programs.
19. Advises CEO on information system needs, develops, recommends and conducts special studies of operations.
20. Interprets clinical data, formulates and recommends changes in clinical programming which are seen to be needed due to changes in health behavior epidemiology or problems in the community.
21. Lead the periodic review of practice management functions, e.g., receptor, telephone triage, patient flow, outreach service, laboratory, pharmacy, follow-up on missed appointments, referral tracking and transcription.
22. Review patient satisfaction surveys and with CMO, develops plans for response to outcomes of survey; resolves patient complaints as referred by the Quality Improvement Department.
23. Conducts regular departmental meetings with clinic providers and support personnel.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Board certified practitioner, preferably in family practice in the State of Ohio.
• Should have demonstrated ability in the management of clinical providers and ancillary services.
• Knowledge of QI/QA and or Total Quality Management theory and practices.
• Knowledge of and a desire to work within a public/community medicine model of service delivery.
• Ability to work with non-profit boards, committees, and task forces.
• Ability to work with people of various economic, social, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
• Familiarity with program planning and monitoring.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and/or Total Quality Management theory and practice.
This position is Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org