Job Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports To: Annual Campaign Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Submit Application to https://www.toledomuseum.org/jobs-internships
Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
Coordinates and facilitates the Museum’s General Membership program (all individual membership levels below President’s Council). Implements membership strategies aimed at member retention and acquisition, and assists with other annual giving programs, such as Giving Tuesday. Provides direct support to Museum members and stewards these relationships.
- Stewards yearly membership and annual giving plans to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Coordinates and implements direct mail and online efforts for annual membership retention and acquisition efforts.
- Strategizes with the Museum’s Revenue Generation Team to develop membership promotions and materials.
- Assists with the execution of member events.
- Assists with retention efforts by contacting current members who are approaching their annual renewal date, as well as works with the TMA Ambassadors membership committee.
- Responsible for initial new member communication.
- Answers inquiries by e-mail, regular mail and telephone; provides follow-up as necessary; logs all calls from response to resolution in Raiser’s Edge.
- Handles appropriate administrative duties for the department such as filing and following up with communications to members.
- Assists with recruitment of potential members by attending and presenting membership opportunities at corporate and community organization receptions.
- Attends and staffs, as part of a broader Development Team, events and functions throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Reports to the Annual Campaign Manager
- Works as member of Development Team and with TMA colleagues, especially in Marketing, Events, and Visitor Engagement.
- Works closely with the Development Services Manager and Development Coordinators, as well as with Visitor Engagement, Marketing, and Events, to help ensure coordination of membership giving, recognition, and benefit fulfillment.
- Interacts regularly with members and potential donors to ensure customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years of administrative support experience required. Experience coordinating a membership program for a museum or cultural organization preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills to include familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with marketing efforts and promotions preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar CRM system) preferred.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
The person in this position frequently attends events inside and outside of TMA, with non-standard, often extended work hours and weekends. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as copy machine, printer and phone system.
The Toledo Museum of Art provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Museum is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.