Title: Membership & Marketing Director
Branch: Eastern Community YMCA
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,500 – $39,500
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you’ll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There’s our fun, challenging work environment. There’s the awesome team and supportive organization. You’ll find that everyone in YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive…we’re not just saying it. You’ll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Membership/Marketing Director is responsible for the overall supervision and leadership of the Membership Department including membership growth and retention, enforcing association policies and procedures, and ensuring successful membership campaigns. The Membership/Marketing Director will also supervise the Family Lead staff and provide leadership for all membership related family programming including KidZone, Family Fun Zones, Family Nights, Birthday Party Rentals, Rentals and other family-based programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and exceed monthly and yearly branch goals for new membership, retention, cancelations, and renewals.
- Meet and exceed all membership unit goals.
- Lead all marketing for the branch such as Social media, Screenly, boards, outside sign, brochure.
- Build relationships with members, program participants, and community partners.
- Implement and evaluate all aspects of the membership function of the Branch, in accordance with the YMCA Greater Toledo guidelines.
- Understands and fully implements the Y-Improvement model for the branch Membership department.
- Will embrace, use and support all Member Service staff in the use of all tools provided to increase the level of member interaction.
- Ensure daily member questions and requests are handled in efficient and timely manner.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of the membership process –i.e. cancelation, renewals, on-hold request, existing member changes, and new member application/bank draft and suspending bank draft
- Maintain a working knowledge of membership types and rate structures; including short-term membership and membership payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal and financial data for each member.
- Maintain the filing system that meets the organization standards.
- Monitor and enforce membership policies and procedures.
- Supervise Kidzone coordinator.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Promote the sale of memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs.
- Accurately process new membership registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records. Respond to inquiries both in person, phone and email.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures
- Working to meet the needs of members that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
- The direct supervising of the outdoor pool snack shack.
- Control expenses in specified budget areas, and consult with supervisor in fiscal management.
- Lead the planning and implementation of family nights/ events and other family programming throughout the year.
- Oversee the Family Lead staff while they supervise and lead Family Nights, Family Fun Zones, Birthday Parties and Facility Rentals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA’s excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
If interested, please send resume electronically to Beth Konczal at [email protected]