Job Title: People & Talent Coordinator (Human Resources)
Department: People & Talent (P&T)
Reports To: Director of People & Talent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Hourly Compensation: $18.20 – $23.76
Deadline to Apply: August 25, 2023
Please submit applications directly on the Toledo Museum of Art websitehttp://www.toledomuseum.org/jobs.
Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
The Toledo Museum of Art seeks a People & Talent Coordinator to support the People & Talent Department (P&T) in the coordination, development, and successful delivery of strategic talent management practices to drive culture and performance. Reporting to the Director of People & Talent, the coordinator works as part of the People & Talent team to deliver an exceptional experience for staff throughout the employee life cycle to fulfill the Museum’s objective of being an employer of choice. The coordinator is responsible for deliverables that include onboarding, development, performance management, learning and offboarding. Works as a collaborative member of the P&T in the division of People & Culture. Supports the Director of People & Talent and the division with projects and tasks as needed.
The Toledo Museum of Art (TMA) seeks to become the model art museum in the United States for its commitment to quality and its culture of belonging. This vision and the ways in which it is operationalized are established in the Museum’s Strategic Plan as well as its integrated Belonging Plan’s goals address our organization’s effort at structural change to promote diversity, equity, access and inclusion. Our organization seeks employees, gallery artists, volunteers and interns who offer diverse perspectives.
- Provides project management and administrative support, acts as logistical point-person for the P&T projects, and assists in the tracking and delivery of people and talent initiatives and compliance calendar.
- Responds to internal and external P&T (human resource) related inquiries or requests and helps in-person, on the phone, and through email or other channels.
- Coordinates P&T operations including key communications including the All-Staff Meeting, announcements and/or newsletters or other communication channels.
- Collaboratively supports the Manager of Talent Acquisition to facilitate the talent management and selection process that may include:
- Assists with and participates in job fairs and other community workforce development activities.
- Utilizing the applicant tracking system to schedule candidates for phone or virtual screening interviews, on-site interviews with hiring managers and other interviewers.
- Reserving and preparing meeting spaces for interviews.
- Making employment offers and notifying candidates who are not selected.
- Initiating and monitoring the employment screening process to ensure viable candidates meet established hiring criteria (i.e., criminal background check, drug screen, physical exam, past employment verification, etc.)
- Coordinates the TMA new staff onboarding process that may include:
- Creating new employee offer letters and welcome emails.
- Coordinating start date with the hiring manager and/or the new employee.
- Ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Completing the new hire checklist for new employees.
- Coordinates support to the Payroll and Benefits Specialist by assisting with benefit orientations as needed.
- Coordinates and supports the FML and unemployment processes.
- Coordinates and maintains all OSHA records in accordance with federal law to include maintaining forms 300, 300A and 301.
- Coordinates and supports the TMA fully insured workers’ compensation program.
- Coordinates and supports the learning program(s) and culture initiatives.
- Coordinates and supports staff through the employment life-cycle including performance management initiatives (annually and mid-year).
- Oversees and administers the offboarding process to include:
- Conducting exit interviews to gain insight into transitioning employees’ experiences with the Museum and summarizing comprehensive report of findings.
- Completing the exit checklist.
- Maintaining the turnover report.
- Keeping the Director informed of important information and trends.
- Coordinates and maintains employment files in accordance with departmental practices and employment law.
- Maintains familiarity with the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Reports to Director of People & Talent and works as a member of the P&T team.
- Works collaboratively with TMA department managers.
- Builds a rapport with all staff and cultivates relationships and communications with outside stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field (SHRM-CP preferred).
- 2-4 years of experience in human resources setting.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, HR analytics and reports, pivot tables, charts, interpretation and data visualization and presentation.
- Experience with multi-faceted, cross-functional, and highly visible projects.
- Strong planning, organizing, communication and self-management.
- Self-motivated and able to manage their own time to ensure a variety of tasks are completed in order of importance and in a timely manner.
- Must be adaptable to changing duties and additional added components for completing tasks as they may arise with short notice.
- Resourceful, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently while focusing on multifaceted projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional demeanor, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and through written communication.
- Able to work tactfully and diplomatically with individuals of diverse backgrounds and demeanors.
- Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve while working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Acts with integrity and maintains confidentiality in all matters.
Standard office environment requiring regular use of phone, computer, and copy machines. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, and phone system. Standard office environment with related phone, computer, and printer noise.
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off Annually
- 6 Paid Holidays Annually
- 2 Paid Floating Holidays Annually
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days Annually
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Term Life and AD&D Insurance Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Museum Family Membership
- Employee Discounts in the Museum Store, Café, Studio Art Classes, & More!
The Toledo Museum of Art provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Museum is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at [email protected] or (567)-666-0387.