Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism, located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a full time Physical Resources Director.
The Physical Resources Director is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and management of all aspects of Bittersweet’s physical resources. This position will oversee all IT services, Maintenance, Vehicle/fleet management, and serve as the organization’s safety officer. The right applicant will have strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of IT resources, concepts, and procedures. Experience with maintenance operations, HVAC, Plumbing & electrical repairs is preferred. Experience with contract/vendor agreements and safety training strongly preferred. Ability to travel as needed between Whitehouse, Pemberville, and Lima, OH required.
- Supervising the maintenance department.
- Overseeing and coordinating care and maintenance of Bittersweet properties and grounds at all three locations.
- Maintaining inventory, tracking, and repairs/maintenance of tools, appliances, and equipment.
- Oversight and management of all IT services, equipment, and repairs. (Computer hardware/software, cell phones, phone system, copiers, etc)
- Assess, coordinate, train and monitor all software applications used by Bittersweet.
- Create and follow annual budget with coordination of director team.
- Vehicle/fleet management.
- Serve as a safety officer for the organization, facilitating safety committee meetings, and participation in risk assessments and creating plans of response.
- Contractor/Vendor engagement, bid process, selection, coordination, and management.
- Oversee and coordinate security protocols and resources.
- Experience in and knowledge of electrical, plumbing repairs, HVAC, building construction and maintenance operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of current IT resources, concepts, and procedures.
- Capital budget & project management experience.
- In depth knowledge/experience using Excel is required.
- Knowledgeable of applicable regulations and laws.
- Valid driver’s license with eligibility to be insured is required.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities/autism preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the Physical Resources Director. Ability to travel between Whitehouse Pemberville, and Lima, OH required. Typical work hours will be Monday- Friday, 1st shift hours, with ability to effectively respond to emergencies and pressing issues when they arise on weekends, and during 2nd/3rdshift.
To apply: Send resumes to [email protected]