Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet Farms is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a full time Residential Coordinator.
- Oversee and work directly with Staffing Managers and Program Leaders in regards to training and communicating their responsibilities.
- Primary contact and liaison to county boards regarding service plans for the residents.
- Responsible for the submission of Behavior Support documentation to Lucas, Wood, Ottawa and Shelby County Board of DD offices.
- Oversee the assistance of all community living residents with any Health insurance (HMO, Medicaid, Medicare) eligibility, SSI eligibility, Food Stamps, HUD rent reassessment, voting, Tax preparation (as needed) and any other of program that requires the residents to re-verify their status in order to receive the program.
- Oversee payment for all expense related to all assigned residents in a timely manner provide monthly financial oversight of petty cash following all protocols.
- Assist leadership in communicating with families, parents and guardians regarding any concerns or progress.
- Knowledgeable in identifying potential MUIs and following proper protocol and procedures.
- Serves as a back up to the staffing managers to conduct interviews of potential new staff.
- Valid Driver’s License and eligibility to be insured.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; including communication with outside organizations on a routine basis.
- Ability to work on call responsibilities based upon a rotation with program leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities in a Direct Support Professional (DSP) capacity is strongly preferred.
- Two years of leadership experience is required.
- Previous experience and understanding of Federal and State requirements of HCBS, waiver service and Individual Options Waiver is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time