ReStore Truck Driver
Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: ReStore Donations Manager
- ReStore Truck Driver Assistant
Employment Status: Full-Time Hourly
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour
Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Maumee, Ohio is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
The ReStore Truck Drive is primarily responsible for the pick-up of products to be sold in ReStore. These products generate revenue in support of Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity’s Homeownership and Home Repair programs. Therefore, the ReStore Truck Driver also represents the Affiliate to donors and volunteers and communicates the connection of ReStore’s donations and sales with Habitat for Humanity’s mission.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pick-up and deliver donations, using Habitat for Humanity vehicles
- Assist in developing and adhering to criteria for donated materials
- Exhibit positive working attitude by demonstrating respect for fellow workers, donors and customers
- Communicate with donors, volunteers and shoppers the mission of Habitat and our current projects
- Move inventory items with forklift equipment as necessary
- Help maintain organization and cleanliness in ReStore and the warehouse areas
- Provide transportation for Homeownership and Repair project materials, as needed
- Assist in keeping trucks well maintained and clean, minor repairs as needed
- Conduct opening safety checklist and resolve any issues if found
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Certifications and Skills
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality
- Experience driving a box truck
- Certification for forklift operation (training provided, if necessary)
- Retail, service, and/or furniture moving experience helpful
- Dependable, motivated, and good problem-solving skills
- Interest in working with a fast-paced nonprofit making a difference in our community
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds, stand, squat, bend, and climb in/out of truck on a regular basis
- Certification for forklift operation (training provided, if necessary).
- General computer skills such Microsoft Word and email.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification required (training provided, if necessary).
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured under Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity’s auto insurance
- Must pass background check including criminal records and sex offender registry prior to offer of employment.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, and other Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity staff.
- Must have commitment to the Habitat mission and uphold its values and ethics.
Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location where we operate. Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity encourages applicants of all ages.”