Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, and health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Assist the Manager of Finance with the responsibility of insuring accuracy of accounts, that proper accounting procedures have been followed. Coordinates the activities of the general accounting functions. Prepares monthly financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly financial statement package including detail financial statement analysis; including General Ledger maintenance and analysis.
- Audit accounts and distribute charges.
- Records all cash receipts and prepares the cash balance schedules.
- Prepare journal entries, review/install accounting forms, methods, and/or procedures.
- Act as liaison with outside auditors in providing the required information and ensuring information is maintained for external requirements.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in various accounting and analytical projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, business administration, accounting and/or combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a variety of accounting functions.
- Requires a working knowledge of general accounting systems, internal control systems, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and grants management.
- Knowledge of and experience with computers with computerized general ledger software and spreadsheet application experience is required.
- Preferred experience in the health care industry
- Excellent communication skills dealing with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Superior judgment, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to be assertive.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organized with good record keeping skills.
This is a full-time salary position, Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays
Excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO and 10 paid holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.