St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy is in search of a full-time Senior Accountant. St. John’s is an all-boys Catholic school in the Jesuit tradition that assists in the formation of approximately 750 boys from grades 6-12. Employees must act in a way to aid in the formation of Men for Others through the Graduate at Graduation; loving, open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, and committed to doing justice. Duties for this position include but are not limited to performing accurate:
- Day-to-day processing of financial transactions.
- Maintaining an up-to-date cash subledger for all bank accounts.
- Performing monthly reconciliation for all bank accounts.
- Completing closing journal entries.
- Managing fixed assets process including entry and reconciliation in addition to calculating monthly depreciation.
- Completing payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Providing daily assistance in the operation of the business office such as greeting visitors and answering questions from colleagues, students and families.
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting (or a closely related field) with a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience. Candidates without a degree but with equivalent experience of a degree will be considered. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong customer service, a high level of accuracy, a team mentality, flexibility, confidentiality and knowledge of accounts payable, receivable and maintaining general ledgers. Additionally, candidates must act in a way to aid in the formation of Men for Others through the Graduate at Graduation; loving, open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, and committed to doing justice. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google docs is required. Candidates must possess strong oral communication skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Matching retirement contributions up to 4% toward either a 403(b) or a Roth 403(b).
- 17 Paid Holidays
- 10 days paid vacation days the year in which your employment begins, 15 paid vacation days the January following your hire date, 20 paid vacations days the second January following your hire date.
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance without evidence of insurability.
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance and access to Health and Dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program that offers free access to counseling services for the employee and any dependents.
- A positive work environment focused on the betterment of the young men at St. John’s Jesuit High School Academy.
- Tuition assistance for son(s) of employees to attend St. John’s.
- An employer who sees each employee, as well as each student, as an individual person and strives for a work environment where that individual person is treated with dignity and respect.
- 60 days of fully paid maternity leave with the ability to use vacation time to supplement additional paid time off.
- 10 days of fully paid paternity leave with the ability to use vacation time to supplement additional paid time off.
- Options for faith formation and spiritual growth.
Compensation range is $64,000-$72,000 per year. Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Katie Sliwinski-Mundrick at [email protected] .