Job Title: Social Media Content Specialist
Department: Brand Experience
Reports To: Director of Brand Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-Time
Please submit applications directly on the Toledo Museum of Art website http://www.toledomuseum.org/jobs.
Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
Working within the Brand Experience team at the Toledo Museum of Art (TMA), the Social Media Content Specialist will take ownership of TMA’s social media strategy and the creative content on our social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and possibly others. This role will collaborate with various departments at TMA to plan, develop, and deploy ongoing social content, and they will also manage relations with our external social media agency.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas and creativity to our social media platforms. They will apply their graphic design, photography, and video skills to craft content that will attract attention and engagement.
The Toledo Museum of Art is committed to a strategic plan that creates a more inclusive experience, where a high-quality collection meets a culture of belonging. All communication efforts at TMA must explore unique and relevant ways to express these strategic goals and our values of diversity, community, innovation, and trust.
- Manages all social media accounts and generate creative, original content on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and possibly other platforms.
- Manages editorial calendars and outline monthly content plans.
- Collaborates with all TMA departments to determine social media communication needs.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with internal teams to develop new content themes, campaigns, or initiatives.
- Manages relations with external social media agency to ensure all posts are deployed, responses are dealt with in a timely manner, and KPIs are consistently measured.
- Creates, monitors and optimizes paid social media initiatives, using strategic targeting and budgeting practices to maximize impact and minimize cost.
- Analyzes metrics weekly, monthly and annually in order to optimize posting and ad spending and shares findings with internal department teams.
- Conducts photoshoots, films and edits video content, and designs graphics for posts.
- Stays up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in social media and community management.
- Experience with social media and content management tools like Sprout, Hootsuite, Sprinklr.
- Experience with social media marketing strategies, concepts, and practices.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES, AND ABILITIES
- Lives and breathes the culture of social media culture. Remains knowledgeable and up to date in different social trends, pop culture, and best practices.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and take on responsibility and decision-making in order to achieve established goals.
- Acts as a team player with strong communication skills. Enjoys connection and collaboration across departments and disciplines.
- Organized and can manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Has a curiosity or interest for museums, art, and the strategic vision of The Toledo Museum of Art.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standard open office work environment shared with co-workers, with related phone, computer and printer noise. Position requires ability operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer and phone system; May occasionally lift up to 25 pounds; Support given to various departments across campus may result in occasional exposure to uncomfortable weather conditions.
- 25 Days of Paid Time Off Annually
- 6 Paid Holidays Annually
- 2 Floating Holidays Annually
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days Annually
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Term Life and AD&D Insurance Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Museum Family Membership
- Employee Discounts in the Museum Store, Café, Studio Art Classes, & More!
The Toledo Museum of Art provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Museum is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at [email protected] or (567)-666-0387.