GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB. As the first point of contact, the Social Service Assistant sets the tone for the visitor’s experience with The Salvation Army. The Social Service Assistant ensures the effective and efficient operation of the administrative and social service waiting area through the coordination of appropriate associated activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Receive, greet, and refer visitors to Area Services to their correct destinations.
- Answer incoming telephone line, which includes giving information, answering questions, referring calls, taking messages, checking messages, and ensuring those messages get into the right hands.
- Possess an accurate knowledge of various departments for referral purposes.
- Screen incoming requests for assistance based upon guidelines, available resources, and policies and procedures of The Salvation Army.
- Schedule appointments for beneficiaries to meet with Social Service Caseworker for assistance.
- Receive, screen, and process beneficiaries through the intake phase.
- Assist in maintaining accurate beneficiary records with Pantry Trak and the Social Service Database as needed.
- Provide beneficiaries with information about appropriate Salvation Army programs and other community resources.
- Assist with all aspects of diaper bank as needed.
- Assist with the holiday seasonal and special events.
- Maintain confidentiality and exhibit loyalty to The Salvation Army and the staff in all job-related matters.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the social services office organization. These tasks may include general office management such as typing, filing, computer use and mailing preparation.
- Refer beneficiaries seeking spiritual guidance to the Corps Officers.
- Assume other responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Occasionally, may require evening and weekend hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two years working in a professional office setting.
- Professional telephone experience.
- Computer and Microsoft literate.
Send resumes to [email protected]