GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB. To provide direction, management, and oversight to the Social Services department in
order to meet the needs of our community and fulfill the mission of The Salvation Army. In addition, shadow the Field Representative of Service Units as they serve as the liaison between Administration and the Field with the 2 Service Centers and 18 Service Units of the Northwest Ohio Area Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Daily supervision of the Social Services department staff.
- Answer phones as part of the Team and direct calls to appropriate person.
- Work with Fiscal Manager and Area Coordinator in preparation of annual operating budget for Social Services department.
- Prepare all required reports and statistical information for The Salvation Army and for funders, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of funding proposals related to the Social Services Department.
- Ensure compliance with expenditures and record keeping as required by contracted funding sources, including EFSP.
- Serve as The Salvation Army representative and liaison to Toledo Food Banks, maintaining our partnership and ensuring compliance with Food Bank regulations.
- Develop and foster community collaboration and relationships with community partners and service providers by attending and participating in appropriate community meetings and through consistent communication with other agencies.
- Review the needs within the Social Services department and make recommendations for new and innovative programs.
- Work in coordination with Toledo Temple Corps Officers to offer spiritual counseling to clients and to ensure that clients are systematically connected to spiritual resources.
- Serve as backup for any Social Services staff during absences.
- Be available for on-call emergencies arising from the Social Services department.
- Supervise and monitor the homeless population’s needs as far as Social Services is concerned.
- Organize/Plan and oversee special projects such as Christmas Assistance, Back to School Assistance, etc. and lead in the collection of data on these projects.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to supervise volunteers, interns, and third-party workers.
- Be capable of handling crisis and assisting with The Salvation Army’s emergency readiness activities for NWOAS. Attend all DHQ, City and County EDS meetings.
- Oversee diaper bank policies and procedures are being followed. Communicate any concerns with applicable agency.
- Maintain confidentiality and exhibit loyalty to The Salvation Army and the staff in all job-related matters.
- Supervision of additional programs and staff within Social Services department.
- Any and all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Area Coordinator.
- Uphold and represent The Salvation Army in the highest esteem possible.
- To manage and oversee the Social Services department, uphold budgeting limitations, be actively involved in the grant writing process, and to meet the needs of the community through the services and ministry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The Salvation Army is an equal opportunity employer.
Send Resumes to [email protected]