SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full-Time
BENEFITS: Eligible for PTO
The Children’s Museum of Findlay, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, has been inspiring children, connecting families, and building community through exploration, exhibits, programming, and play since we opened our doors in July 2014. We are a museum just for kids! Located in the Findlay Village Mall, our hands-on exhibits help children aged birth to ten years old learn all about science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics through a variety of activities tailored just for their learning experience.
The Visitor Experience Manager (VEM) is part of the museum leadership whose role is to manage all matters related to the visitor experience, including admissions, visitor amenities, customer service, group reservations, birthday party reservations, and membership sales. The VEM tracks visitor usage and experience data, ensures that visitor concerns are addressed, observes and monitors floor activity and maintenance, and supports public programs both inside and outside the museum. The VEM assists the Executive Director and Museum Educator in marketing of programs, including the website and social media and assists with development activities and event planning. The Visitor Experience Manager supervises all Visitor Experience Associates and Sanitation Associates.
- Oversee the operation of the front of house operations.
- Manage staff of Visitor Experience Associates.
- Inspect and monitor (“walk the floor”) of the museum’s facilities and exhibits to ensure that the facilities are in good condition and that visitors are properly served.
- Hire and supervise staff to ensure the highest level of customer service and quality.
- Conduct research to understand visitor patterns and facilitative quality assurance.
- Assist in updating website and social media platforms with visitor-related content.
- Assist with event planning, mailings, and other development activities.
- Oversee visitor amenities, including contracts for cleaning and building maintenance.
- Work with the Executive Director to oversee cash-handling procedures and maintain accurate counts. Supervise point of sale and online transaction and register closeouts. Oversee weekly transactions at bank.
- Other activities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in non-profit or customer service setting required.
- Experience in a managerial role, supervising staff and fostering accountability preferred.
- Strong team player
- Experience with point of sale or database software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks.
- Exemplary verbal, written communication, and project management skills.
- Flexible and passionate about working with youth in a museum setting.
- Experience handling money and working in a public-facing position required.
- Proficient with Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Dropbox.
Rate is commensurate with experience.
Children’s Museum of Findlay Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.