|Vice President of Marketing & Development
|Life Revitalization Center
|Executive – Salary Commensurate with Experience
|Purpose: The VP of Marketing and Development is responsible for developing and executing strategies for raising money to support the Cherry Street Mission Ministries. The VP will be predominantly forward-facing and have high visibility in the Toledo Region. This role works directly with the CEO/President to establish systems and processes to ensure the ongoing support of the work.
The VP of Marketing and Development directs and manages the employees in the Development Office, including Donor Care, Communications, Grants, and Marketing.
This position oversees the development and retention of funding from the Private, Public, Corporate, and Grant sectors, focusing on building, retaining, and growing the Mid to Major gifts program.
|· Responsible for developing and achieving an annual income budget of 6 million dollars and working directly with the Accounting Manager and COO to maintain awareness of all monthly and YTD income metrics;
· Develops and executes strategy for cultivating and bringing to completion the acquisition of operational funds, capital funds, and legacy funds through high-value donors (i.e., individuals, family groups, foundations, etc.) This function will involve strategic use of the CRM database as well as personal relationship development and willingness to connect on a ministry level to these individuals. (Donor Centric Model);
· Develop and cultivate a new generation of major gift donors. Moving donors from the existing donor base to become INVESTORS in support of the work. Create and implement a strategic plan for enhanced major gift Investor fundraising and overall philanthropic giving to the Ministry.;
· Lead, Direct and Manage the Development and Marketing Teams to maintain connection and acquisition of funds through mass communication to our donor base. Develops strategies to maintain all donors and grow their investment in the Ministry;
· Lead, Direct and Manage with Communication Team to ensure a strategy for researching grants and the timely submission of grants chosen. Tracks grants accepted and maintain an internal system to ensure the organization aligns with grant requirements. Working with the COO ensures the Ministry has spent the funds accordingly;
· Lead, Direct and Manage the Communication Team’s strategy regarding all messaging that the Ministry releases to the public. This includes direct mail, newsletters, thank you letters, social media, traditional media, speaking engagements, public relations, etc;
· Responsible for cultivating/developing strategies and ASKS for an executive portfolio of 75 plus major “investors”
· Responsible for developing major donor strategies for CEO/COO
· Participates in various regional groups to ensure Cherry Street is present among decision-making groups and influencers.
· Attends strategic social gatherings and functions as a representative of the Ministry, seeking to advance the institution;
· Educates Cherry Street staff as is appropriate in the basics of philanthropy and donor-centric fundraising;
· Working with the executive team to identify needs, ensures timely public notice of specific gift-in-kind needs to the community;
*Essential Functions may be revised upon management discretion
|The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following:
Education and Experience
|· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· Proven personal network of philanthropic contacts
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
|· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Public speaking experience
· Proven record of fundraising success
· Experience working with volunteers
· Basic to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows
· Basic understanding of the use of CRM software platforms
· Knowledge of non-profit accounting best practices
|Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements
|· Valid driver’s license
*As a condition of employment, each team member is required to agree to the Cherry Street Mission Ministries Statement of Faith.
Exposure to (“F” Frequent; “O” Occasional; “R” Rare; “N” Never) :
|Equipment/Personal Protective Equipment Used
|· Essential office equipment such as computers, copy machine, file cabinets, phone.
Physical Demands (“F” Frequent; “O” Occasional; “R” Rare; “N” Never)
· Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This job description has been approved by: