This is a part-time position averaging 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule.* The Warehouse Coordinator Job is responsible for oversight of food inventory and the general warehouse operations to ensure exceptional service for all Food For Thought’s pantry host sites and lunch distribution program. This position requires the ability to work independently and be accountable for use of time, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Maintain shelf stable and produce inventory at warehouse, ensure food is properly stored, stock is rotated, and space is clean.
- Place weekly order for and (occasionally) pick up food from food banks, produce wholesalers, farmers market, etc.
- Receive weekly produce and non-perishable food items and put them away.
- Help Pantry Coordinator with packing of food items onto rolling pantry shelves and loading into trailer for mobile food pantry sites (10 per month).
- Assist Program Manager in occasional supervision of warehouse volunteers.
- Operate pantries when driver is unavailable.
- Ability to lift 20 – 50 lbs. consistently, move food to and from refrigerated units and storage shelves (5ft. high), for stocking.
- Ability to represent Food for Thought in a professional manner.
- Ability to drive and maneuver truck and 16’ hauling trailer (no CDL required) when Pantry Coordinator is unavailable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to manage time effectively and achieve objectives.
- Passion for serving people and helping the community
*10-15 hours will be split between 2-3 days per week depending upon the mobile pantry schedule and applicant availability. We are very flexible! Must be customer service oriented.
Food For Thought is a grassroots non-profit organization with many working parts and a very small staff. We are looking for someone to take ownership of this part-time role. Reliability, trustworthiness, and enthusiasm for serving people in need are a must! Food for Thought is dedicated to feeding and nourishing the community. We are committed to feeding the Toledo area in a thoughtful and dignified manner. We serve the community by offering multiple mobile food pantry locations and a PB&J lunch distribution program.