The Center commonly receives requests for technical assistance with strategic planning. At our most recent Board Mastermind, the group discussed a number of questions. What exactly is strategic planning? How can nonprofits effectively manage the process? Does a nonprofit need a professional facilitator to guide the process? How can we avoid some of the common pitfalls in managing the process?
At the Board Mastermind session on 10-16-18, participants worked with the following resources:
- Strategic Planning Terms (Nonprofit Notes)
- Ten Keys to Successful Strategic Planning for Nonprofit and Foundation Leaders
- Board and CEO Leadership Roles
- SOAR Analysis (Nonprofit Notes)
Additional resources were used to help explain how the strategic planning process can sometimes go off track.
- Power in…and Around Nonprofit Boards
- Board Executive Spectrum Activity (page 2)
- The Flourishing Process
The group also got a sneak peek at new resources being developed at The Center to support the strategic planning process. Stay tuned for details coming soon.